Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Hawaii Calling!



Hawaii Calling: My Carry on Essentials, Packing helper, and Lauren Conrad Style
Tomorrow will be torture. Trip I have been begging my parents to take me on is finally happening! Hawaii, here I come! I am way more than ready to take on the big waves, big mountains, and big and small islands. I have one small (maybe not so small) issue. I am not a light packer, but I have been instructed to be for this trip. So I will be taking some travel advise from one of my favourite bloggers/authors, Lauren Conrad, and some of my own advise and sharing it with you.

  1.  Pack only what you need (mine)
    I am one of those people who packs everything that they might need. Which is usually my whole summer wardrobe. 
  2. Roll your clothes to make more space in you suitcase (Lauren)
    I have been using this tip ever since I read it from her book Style, and it has never failed me! Simply roll your clothes to look like buritos and pack them next to each other. If you have necklaces you are taking with you just roll that into the center of your shirt and it will stay knot free!
  3. Have and itinerary or know what activities you will be doing (mine)
    Knowing what I am going to be doing on my trip usually clears away lots of stress. By knowing what you are going to be doing you can eliminate a bunch of unnecessary clothes. This saves loads of space in your luggage.   
  4. Know the forecast (Lauren)
    This is uber important because the weather will dictate what you should bring. If you know it will be cold and rainy then don't bring a bunch of shorts with you. ect. Just Pack Smart!
  5. Make your outfits before you leave (Lauren)
    This helps save time in the morning while you are on vacation. You will already have pre planned outfits, so now all you have to do is choose one!
    Lastly:
  6. Bring Half of what you think you need and twice as much money.If you know that you will be shopping then don't pack as much initially. It will give you space to add once you have bought something new.
    I got this quote from my packing list that I bought from 
    Francesca's Collection.
My suitcase can be a disaster at times, but the real problem lies in my carry on. Every trip, ever since I was tiny, I have always had a 50lb backpack on me. I just can't seem to lighten up so I came up with some tips (maybe they are more like rules) of my own to help me and anyone else with the same problem.:
  1. Pack two books and two magazines at most. I am a big reader, so my bag is usually spilling books.
  2. Have all documents in an easy to reach spotThis is common sense, but I need to repeat this just for the sake of repeating
  3. Carry all beauty/cosmetics on top of heavy bookish objects.Doing this makes them easy to reach at security, and keeps your objects from getting smushed.
  4. Just ditch the backpack for a smaller bag. This is probably the best tip I have for this situation because you can't use space that doesn't exist. This really worked out for me on my trip to Paris. I took a small carry on with only my necesities inside. 
I hope these tips work for you! If you want to see more of what Lauren Conrad has to offer visit her website, http://www.laurenconrad.com/

Till next time!
-Alexandra

(Photos by Me)

No comments:

Post a Comment