Honey has been a part of my beauty routine for the past 6 months. I found out about while just searching the internet one day. Since then, I have been using it for facials a few times a month.
It is simply amazing! It makes your skin feel super soft and clean after using it. It also helps to fight against acne, which is a dream come true.
- For some people your acne may get a tiny bit worse before it gets better, but this is all part of the natural process because the honey needs to draw out the toxins and other stuff in order for it to get clean. (This never happened to me, but researching showed that it did for many other people)
- Using it on a cycle is good, maybe once a week or maybe for a week straight once a month. Depends on your skin. Just experiment and find out what works best for you. (I like to do mine once a week)
- Honey is great for ALL skin types.
- Honey is an anti-inflammatory. This means that it can reduce the redness and swelling that comes with a zit.
These are the basics that I think you should know. If you want more reasons to use this you can just google it!
What you need:
-a small bowl (to put honey in) (I just use a large spoon sometimes)
-a few tablespoons of honey
-Wash your face so that you are free of make up and anything else that may get in the way.
- Pat it dry, so that you dont irritate the skin by rubbing it.
- Take two fingers and dip them in the honey. Then start to coat your entire face, avoiding your eyes and mouth.
-Make sure you do this until you ENTIRE face is done. Don't just do sections.
-Make sure to get a little under your jaw line.
|Cover your entire face.|
-Take a paper towel (if is a really big one cut it in half) and place it along your jaw line so that no honey drips onto your clothes.
-Sit back and relax for about 15-30 min. (Just read a book or watch some T.V
-Wash face thoroughly. Make sure you get all the honey out, and be sure to watch specifically for your hairline. (Sometimes I will forget little streaks of honey in my hair, which can get quite annoying)
-Pat dry and use a light moisturiser.