Wednesday, August 14, 2013

My Summer Reading

When most people hear the words "summer reading" they think about the dreaded essay they have to write about some very deep and complex books. BUT that's not the type of summer reading that I'm talking about. Sure I still do have to do my summer reading for school, but that's what procrastination is for!

So! This summer I have been extremely slacking when it comes to reading for the pleasure of it.

But this coming school year I am trying to make a habit of reading a book for pleasure every two weeks. Reading provides an escape from the world and is much much better for your brain than watching T.V all the time, although that can definitely be interesting.

What I have read this summer though is:

~ The Pale Assassin by Patricia Elliott
          I personally loved this book mainly because it was set during the French Revolution ( I am bound to like just about any book set in that time period) and that it also had some romance in it. Who doesn't love that? This was my second time reading it but it was just as good as the first because there is so much detail that you are still captured into the story and love every minute of. There was not a moment that I was bored.

And I sadly have to admit that The Pale Assassin was the only book i've completely finished this summer, but I am in the process of reading two other books which are:

~ An Actor Prepares by Stanislavski
~ Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

I hope to read more books and share them you guys!

In the mean time I should probobly actually get my summer work done..

xoxo
Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment